Declarative Development for Platform App Builders TRAINING
Are you ready to move beyond Salesforce administration to unlock even greater capabilities through declarative programming? Master Salesforce's suite of click-not-code options for developing valuable apps and functionality over five days of guided scenarios, lectures, and discussion. Build your knowledge of app deployment, automation tools, security, UI customization, and more!
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
WHEN YOU COMPLETE THIS COURSE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Design and manage the correct data model based on business requirements.
- Configure application security.
- Define business logic and process automation declaratively.
- Design user interfaces.
- Customize applications for mobile use and Lightning.
- Deploy applications.
MODULES & TOPICS
INTRODUCTION TO CLOUD
Building Your Data Model Declaratively
- Capabilities of Core CRM Objects
- Boundaries of Declarative Customizations
- Use Cases for Programmatic Customizations
- Determining an Appropriate Data Model
- Build a custom app
- Build a custom object
- Relationship Types and Impact on Record Access, User Interface, and Reporting
- Considerations for Creating / Changing Field Types
- Considerations of the Schema Builder
- Considerations for Importing and Exporting Data
Constructing Business Logic
- Formula Fields
- Roll-up Summary Fields
- Validation Rules
Automating Business Processes
- Lightning Process Builder
- Workflows and Approvals
- Automating Business Processes
- Ramifications of Field Updates and Potential for Recursion
Crafting Your User Interface
- Customization Options
- Custom Buttons, Links, and Actions
- List Views
- Record Types
- UI Design Best Practices
Designing Advanced User Interface Components
- Creating Reports
- Report Types
- Declarative Options for Incorporating Lightning Components
Deploying Your App
- Application Lifecycle
- Change Sets
- Unmanaged and Managed Packages
- Determining an Appropriate Deployment Plan
Deciding When Declarative Isn't Enough
- Limits of Declarative Tools
- Programmatic Use-cases
- AppExchange Apps